Social Media may rule our lives, as qSample has demonstrated. Yet when it comes to marketing or simply engaging deeply with our audiences, email is the king of all internet media (as our president Rudly Raphael proved in his article The Dominance of Email).
The queen might be text messaging. It’s often overlooked as an efficient form of marketing, according to Small Business Trends. Regardless, the relevance of text messaging as a medium is astounding. For example, check these statistics:
– Texting is the most frequently used app on smartphones–with 97% of Americans using it at least once a day.
– More than six billion text messages are sent in the U.S. each day.
– People worldwide will send 8.3 trillion text messages in 2016 alone. That’s almost 23 billion messages per day or almost 16 million messages per minute.
– Text messaging has a 45% response rate, while email only has a 6% response rate.
– Over 80% of adults text, making it the most common phone activity.
– Text messages brag a 98% open rate, while email only delivers a 20% open rate.
For more context and awe, we present you our latest infographic (and please text your friends or colleagues about it; they’ll open it more than if you email them this data):
Download this infographic.