Father’s Day falls this year on the Summer Solstice, the orthodox start day of summer and longest day of the year. Father’s Day will certainly be a long day of celebration, at least in terms of commerce; it furthermore owns a long and rich history many are likely unaware of. This week’s infographic deals with all of this and more.
Here are some of the Father’s Day statistics that scratch the surface of the infographic:
– Americans will spend more than $12.5 billion.
– 76% of individuals will celebrate Father’s Day in the U.S.
– More than 103 countries worldwide will also celebrate Father’s Day.
– 29% of Father’s Day gifts will come from online shopping.
– Father’s Day might actually be 4000-years-old.
It’s fascinating, and on the longest day of the year there will be plenty of time to both enjoy these market statistic and take care of your old man (unless you’re the old man, like me). Here in Chicago, it might be a bit more challenging as the city continues to celebrate the Blackhawk’s Stanley Cup and the start of the churning festival season. But we shall prevail.
Regardless of where you are, it seems the summer fun has truly begun…even if it’s just a necktie in the gift package or a lawn demanding to be cut again.
Or the opportunity to play catch with the old man.
Download this infographic.